Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chinese Sauteed Green Beans (SO GOOD!)


Let me first start by saying that I hate green beans. Hate hate them. and peas. I wont touch them for the life of me. This recipe however... I absolutely love. Its the only way I will eat them, when they're around... they don't even last 3 minutes.

1 T soy sauce
2 T olive oil
1 T honey
1 T minced garlic
1 T unsalted butter (or just normal butter, still works fine)
12 oz green beans trimmed

Combine soy sauce, honey, and 1 T water in a small dish. In a 10 inch saute' pan heat the butter with the olive oil over med-high heat. When the butter is melted add the green beans and 1 t salt-coat well with this mixture. Cook, turning beans occasionally, until well browned, shrunken, and tender- 7-8 minutes. (Butter will have turned dark brown). Reduce heat to low, add the garlic and cook , stirring constantly (15-20 seconds) until the garlic is softened and fragrant. Carefully add the soy mixture (make sure to scrape the honey off the bottom). Cook, stirring until the liquid is glazey (30-45 seconds.) Transfer the beans to a serving dish, and pour the extra glaze on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment